Focus on Farmington 

Historic Farmington NM

An early image of present-day Main Street with several individuals identified. When this photograph was taken in 1893, Main Street was actually called San Juan Street. The name was officially changed to Main Street in 1902. Donated by Paula Briggs and Ruby Hicks, 1980.3.37


Open November 18, 2023 - January 14, 2024

The Farmington Museum has a large collection of photographs that document the history of the City and the surrounding areas. The images highlight the diversity of the region, from the people who call it home to the industries that drive the economy to the natural environment we all share. This exhibition features photographic examples from the museum's collection relating to Farmington's Main Street, the orchard industry, Navajo culture, oil and gas, farming, the railroad, and much more. This exhibit has several large-scale photos intended for visitors to take their picture (a selfie) in front of, so they can be a part of history! This exhibit is FREE to the public. 

*$3 donations welcome. For more information call the Farmington Museum at (505) 599-1174.