- Farmington Electric Utility System
- Rate Information
Rates effective as of July 1, 2022
Electric Rate Class DescriptionsThe Farmington Electric Utility System (FEUS) encourages load growth and economic development in the community through stable rates for its customers and through developing incentives in various customer rate classes. Our menu of customer rates includes rates for residential service, businesses, industrials and economic development.
The entire 1718 square mile FEUS service territory encompasses much of San Juan County and a small portion of Rio Arriba County and is covered by ten rate schedules. The majority of customers fall under three categories; residential, general, and large general.
Residential RatesThe demand charge is built into the energy charge. A power cost adjustment may be charged. Residential Customer rates include a flat fee and a usage charge every month.
- $12.00 Customer Charge
- $0.10458/kWh Usage Charge
General Service RatesThe demand charge is built into the energy charge. A power cost adjustment may be charged. General Service rate applies to commercial, business, professional, small industrial and miscellaneous load customers with a consumption either a) below 15,000 kWh per month for more than any three months during a 12-month period or b) an estimated demand below 40 kW per month during any three months during a 12-month period.
- $13.00 Customer Charge
- $0.10580/kWh Usage Charge
Large General Service Rates
This rate also includes a power factor adjustment, a primary voltage discount, and a transmission voltage discount. A power cost adjustment may be charged. Large General Service rate applies to customers with a consumption either a) at or above 265,000 kWh per month for more than any three months during a 12-month period or b) an estimated demand at or above 500 kW and less than 4,000 kW per month for any three months during a 12-month period. Each monthly billing is comprised of the following:
- $325.00 Customer Charge, plus
- $11.25/kW of Billing Demand, plus
- $0.06490/kWh Energy Charge
- The Economic Rider reduces the cost of service provided under the Large General Service Rate for a new manufacturing or processing customer with a minimum electric demand of 500 kilowatts.
- The Bulk Power Service Rate is for customers with a demand of 4000 kilowatts or more.
- The Long Term Bulk Power service rate offers a discounted demand and energy charge from the Bulk Power service rate to those customers signing a 10 year service agreement with FEUS.