San Juan County Mayors' Ball
The San Juan County Mayors' Ball is an annual charity event benefiting local non-profit organizations. Recipients of the event are chosen every three years through an application process.
Applications are not being accepted at this time. Non-profit organizations interested in applying to be a recipient of the next Mayors' Ball should read the below criteria prior to applying. Applications are available by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.
San Juan County Mayors’ Ball for Charity
2021-2023 Charity Selection Application Criteria
The recipient organization will be notified in writing by August 1, 2019. Recipient selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The organization must be a health/human services, arts, cultural or animal rescue nonprofit entity with a 501c(3) federal tax exempt status. Two or more organizations may submit a joint application.
- The organization must have a physical office in San Juan County, New Mexico for the 3 years preceding this application.
- The organization must have articles of incorporation and by-laws filed with the State of New Mexico.
- The organization must have a full time San Juan County based volunteer board of directors comprised of at least five (5) members.
- The organization must receive at least 20% or $50,000 (whichever is less) of its annual budget from charitable giving.
- Proceeds from the Mayors’ Ball for Charity shall be used to further the mission of the recipient organization and benefit its constituents in San Juan County, NM. Funds may not be used for advocacy or lobbying.
- The selected organization(s) will be responsible for planning, organizing and facilitating the Charity Ball and may be required to work with a third party. All expenses associated with the Ball will be incurred by the recipient organization and may include third party fees. The selected agency will be responsible for assisting the next agency in transitioning.
- Previous Mayors’ Ball recipients are ineligible to apply.
- Completed applications should be addressed to “San Juan County Mayors’ Ball for Charity” and must be received in the Farmington Mayor’s office at the address above no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, July 5, 2019.
- A complete application shall include one (1) original and four (4) copies of the following:
- This signed certification page;
- A copy of the organizations mission statement, list of board of directors with mailing addresses and a copy of the IRS tax exempt determination letter;
- A copy of the New Mexico Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Good Standing;
- A copy of the organization’s current year budget;
- A proposal narrative which should include(responses should not exceed 2 pages in total and should be typed, single-spaced and use 12-point Times New Roman font):
- A brief summary of organizations history.
- A description of the program(s) and its beneficiaries.
- A brief description of the planned use of proceeds from the Ball.
- If this is a joint application please include a certification page for each organization and a brief description of how the proceeds will be split.
Download printable application HERE