You don’t have to open your wallet. Just your heart.
Volunteering is a great way to improve the lives of our shelter pets, and we offer many ways for you to spend time with our animals:
- Kennel cleaning (dog & cat) - Kennel Cleaners work hard to give each kennel thorough cleaning to ensure that our canine friends have a clean and healthy space for the day.
- Animal Medical Dept. – Assists medical team with prepping for surgery, recovery of animals, cleaning kennels and more
- Greeter or customer service - Our greeters are the first point of contact for visitors to the shelter and play an important role in ensuring that their visit is a success
- Special Events – Helps promote the shelter and animals at off-site adoption events
- Social team – Help socialize animals that are timid or scared and need a little more time before being adopted.
- Enrichment – Create tasty treats, toys or other enrichment for the shelter animals.
- Dog Walking – Taking dogs out for walks in the park
- Shelter Support – helps with laundry, dishes, sweeping & mopping
- Community cat program – returning cats back to the field after they have been altered
- Volunteer driver – Driving animals to other shelters or rescues
Quality time with shelter animals has a positive and long-lasting effect on their well-being. As a shelter trying to make a big difference in the lives of the animals in our care, we consider our volunteers an essential component of what makes us work. We offer a flexible volunteer program, with many options for involvement. Show your compassion become a volunteer today.
Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Affairs | Events | Gateways Activity Guide & Walking Guide | Rentals | Projects & Development | Athletic Fields | Parks & Open Spaces | Animal Shelter | Civic Center | Clean & Beautiful | Community Center | Golf Courses | Indian Center | Lake Farmington | Museums | Nature Center | Pools & Splash Pads | Recreation Center | Senior Center | Set-up an Event or Mobile Business | Theatre Programs