Do I need a Construction Permit?
DO I NEED A CONSTRUCTION PERMIT?
Permits are required within the City of Farmington for building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical projects.
TO OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT
You must come into our office, Community Development Planning and Zoning Division & Building Inspection Division, at 805 Municipal Drive, Annex Building, on the 2nd floor. Our office is across from City Hall building.
We do not have permits online at this time.
CITY OF FARMINGTON BUSINESS LICENSE IS NEEDED WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS
**Any person, business or company (including subcontractors) conducting business within the city limits of Farmington, New Mexico must have a City of Farmington Business License. An application is online Business Registration or you may call City Clerk at (505)599-1170 for further information.
PAYMENTS FOR A WORK PERMIT
We currently do not accept online payments for permits.
You must come into our office, Community Development/Planning and Zoning Division & Building Inspection Division, at 805 Municipal Drive, Annex Building, on the 2nd floor. Our office is across from City Hall building.
Pay your permit with a check, money order, cashier check or credit card. If necessary, we can accept credit cards over the phone (American Express, Master Card and Visa).
We do not accept Discover Cards.
- Counter Tops
- Exterior Painting on Commercial
- Exterior Painting on Residential
- Interior Painting on Commercial
- Interior Painting on Residential
- Minor Landscaping
- Accessible Ramp
- Cell Towers
- Damage Repairs
- Demolishing of interior structure
- Demolishing of interior wall
- Demolition of whole commercial building
- Demolition of whole residential house
- Demolition of whole structure
- Door, excluding door panels only, all prehung
- Doors, remove & replacement
- Driveway, MAY also require a Street Cut Permit
- Excavation Work
- Fire Protection Systems
- Flatwork, Concrete
- Garage Additions
- Garage Conversions
- Garages, New Construction
- Low Voltage (hardwire)
- Mechanical Equipment
- Mobile Home Apron
- Mobile Home Pad
- Mobile Home Parking Permits. Approval from other Divisions to park within the City limits.
- New Construction, Residential or Commercial
- Plumbing Equipment
- Porch Cover
- Renovation Interior & Exterior
- Retaining Walls
- Roof, Overlay, Re-roof, Structural Roof Renovations
- Sewer Line
- Shed for Storage
- Shed for Work
- Sheds (ALL)
- Soffit & Fascia Exterior
- Soil Retention Wall
- Solar Panel
- Sprinkler System
- Street Cut - Residential or Commercial, Curb, Sidewalk, Streets (Aerial Photography is needed along with signatures from three divisions: Planning Division, Water and Wastewater Division and Building Inspection.) Street Cut Application Effective 09/24/2018
- Swimming Pool, above ground 2' feet
- Swimming Pool, New placement
- Water Conditioner (Water Softner)
- Water Line
- Windows, remove & replacement