Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
State of New Mexico Adopted Construction Codes
The City of Farmington has adopted the following set of international and State of New Mexico construction codes.
Title 14, New Mexico Administrative Code (NMAC): 14.5.1 General Provisions; 14.5.2 Permits; 14.5.3 Inspections (Construction Industries Division Rules) amend and adopts the following codes:
• 2021 NM Commercial Building Code (2021 IBC as amended)
• 2021 NM Existing Building Code (2021 IEBC as amended)
• 2021 NM Plumbing Code (2021 UPC as amended)
• 2021 NM Mechanical Code (2021 UMC as amended)
• 2020 NM Electrical Code (2017 NEC as amended)
• 2021 NM Electrical Safety Code (2021 NESC as amended)
• 2021 NM Historic Earthen Buildings Code
• 2021 NM Earthen Building Materials Code
• 2009 NM Non-Load Bearing Baled Straw Construction Building Code
• 2018 NM Energy Conservation Code (2018 IECC as amended)
• 2012 NM Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code Phase III (2012 USPSHTC as amended)
• 2012 NM Solar Energy Code (2012 USEC as amended)
• 2021 International Fire Code, is also adopted by the City of Farmington.
• *Chapter 7, City of Farmington, City Code, amends and/or adopts the above codes.