Mayor Duckett is declaring 2021 the Year of Resiliency. Resiliency is the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties. It is a measure of this community's toughness and is promoted within the community through the 7 Cs:
1. Competence: Using one's gifts and talents to enhance their lives and the lives of those around them.
2. Confidence: Believing in one's abilities and pushing through failures.
3. Connection: Creating relationships with individuals or community groups.
4. Character: Having a strong moral compass.
5. Contribution: Giving of oneself in service to others.
6. Coping: Having healthy strategies to manage stressful situations.
7. Control: Having mastery over one's behavior and the power to influence others.
Working together to promote a better tomorrow will always be our goal. God bless you in this new year, and God bless the people of Farmington and the Four Corners.